BJ (Carleton University), LLB (University of Western Ontario), LLM (Osgoode Hall Law School), Accredited Family Mediator OAFM
Ms. Linton established Riverdale Mediation in 2001 after practicing civil and family litigation in Toronto for 14 years. She has a busy mediation and arbitration practice, specializing in divorce/family law disputes. She also provides conflict resolution, negotiation, mediation and arbitration training programs in many different contexts. These include:
• Recipient of the first James G. McLeod Professorship in Family Law, at the University of Western Ontario’s Faculty of Law, January 2009. Ms. Linton will be teaching conflict resolution theory and practice in the context of family law disputes to second and third year law students.
• Instructor, ADR in Family Law , LL.M. in Family Law , 2008-2010, Osgoode Hall Law School.
• Presenter, Shared Solutions Professional Development Presentations for boards of education across Ontario, fall 2007.
• Adjunct Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, teaching the “Lawyer as Negotiator” course to second and third year law students 2005, 2006 and 2007.
• Faculty at Toronto Advanced Professional Education in Toronto, providing workshops in restorative justice, circles and conferencing for Youth Justice Committee members across Ontario, and also (2004-2007) teaching Family Mediation and Negotiation Theory and Practice.
• Consultant retained by public and private organizations and employers to provide seminars and workshops on conflict resolution theory and skills, and to facilitate meetings.
Through Riverdale Mediation, Ms. Linton provides private workshops and short courses in mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution theory and skills to lawyers, mediators and mental health professionals. She trains lawyers and arbitrators in issues of power, balance and screening for domestic violence and abuse. She has extensive teaching and speaking experience from her 14 years of teaching law students in the Ontario Bar Admission Course and also from her role as an executive member and past chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution section of the Ontario Bar Association. She also provides workshops on workplace conflict resolution.
2000-393 University Ave., Toronto, Ont. M5G !E6. www.riverdalemediation.com. 416-593-0210
Teaching In 2013-2014
Course Term Credits